Sunday 31 July 2011

The Last Boyscout (1991)

*****
Another one my wife claimed to have not seen, cue the projector being switched on and the tape inserted.

By far my favourite Tony Scott movie and i'm a pretty big fan of his work, I love that we live in an age where a director who bases all his movies around guns and large explosions. I think with this one it's a little different, it benefits from a smart and hilarious script by Shane Black, suited perfectly to Bruce Willis's style of acting.

"Oh shit, we're getting beaten up by the inventor of Scrabble."

I've lost count of the amount of times i've seen this film, it's superb. Highly quotable too, you'll be repeating half of Willis's lines for the next month. I doubt there are many who have yet to see it so i'll just say if you haven't, correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment