Wednesday 20 July 2011

The Karate Kid (1984)

*****
A childhood classic that I hadn't revisited since my youth.

This film is still as masterful as it was back then. Elisabeth Shue is smoking hot, if not a little too hot and chunky for mere mortal Macchio. I had forgotten how young he looked in this.
The acting is pretty bad on Macchio's part to begin with but as soon as he starts his training, it's as if the film kicks up a few gears from bad-ass to kick-ass.

I still to this day hate every one of those Cobra Kai bastards, especially "Get him a body bag! Yeaahhhhh!".
It's hard not to fist pump during that final shot, it's best just to go with it.

My wife surprised when she said that it was possibly the first time she had seen it all the way through. If you're in the same boat, correct your errors and see this movie NOW! And if you have the others, see them too. It's an amazing trilogy. Just stay well clear of the Hilary Swank tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment