Tuesday 12 July 2011

One Wild Night (1991)

****
Another early rental memory for me. This was one I used to pay £1.50 for every other week from my local video store Video Vision. When they closed down I was only 13/14 and me having no pocket money had to ask my parents for the cash to purchase it, they did and it will never leave my side.

I'm obsessed with movies set in malls, stuff like Night of the Comet, Dawn of the Dead, Chopping Mall (Kill Bots), Mannequin and alike but this may be my favourite mall movie of them all (Dawn not included). It's so underrated and Whalley puts in his best performance for me, I can't get over the fact that most people have never heard of it let alone seen it. It's hilarious in parts and Connelly is hotter than ever, smokin' in fact. It's also very charming and the relationship between the two while they're locked in Target is great to see.

Watch out for the cameos too. You get John Candy and William Forsythe to name but two.
I can't recommend this one enough to anyone, it's quite fantastic and I wish more people knew about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment