Friday 22 July 2011

City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (1994)

****
Along with the first movie, this was another one that I used to rent from my local store.

This is still a great movie. It does miss the Kirby but the inclusion of The Godfather quoting Jon Lovitz was a bit of a masterstroke. I was 11 the first time I ever saw these movies back to back and I can still remember drawing maps with my best friend right after watching this one. We never actually went through with burying any items but you can see how this movie had us wrapped up in it's little charm.
Billy Crystal is on fire again and Stern chips in with the odd line from time to time too. I don't think it's as good as the first film but it's certainly up there and it's still a great feel-good movie. I love it anyway!

It's a great film and one that perfectly compliments and carries on the story of the first. Maybe one day we'll finally see that long awaited third...

No comments:

Post a Comment