Tuesday 12 July 2011

Mannequin Two: On the Move (1991)

***
I love the first Mannequin, forget all the haters, it truly is one of the greatest feel-good movie of the 80's for me. Whenever I watch it i'm left with a huge grin on my face at the closing credits, the Starship track is cheesy but brilliant too.

I never wanted to watch the sequel, always feeling that it would tarnish my thoughts on the first, then a few friends told me that it was fantastic and well worth checking out so I did, and damn was I glad that I did.
Forget that the Mannequin used looks like January Jones, forgive the fact that the Starship track only plays once, forget that Cattrall and McCarthy aren't here etc. etc. You don't need them (you do but never mind) because Swanson and Ragsdale are worthy replacements. The story is loose, very loose but the feel is still pretty much the same. I had a great time with it, plus the soundtrack kicks almost as much ass the first one anyway.

Loved it and definitely glad that I got around to it, maybe I should start screening more sequels that i've avoided over the years. No, on second thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment