Wednesday 20 July 2011

Lakeview Terrace (2008)

***
Samuel L.Jackson as a nasty neighbour? Where do I sign?

I'd heard good things about this movie for years but never bothered to check it out, but then there always comes that day when nothing is on TV and you'll check anything out, and be pleasantly surprised by it too. That was exactly the case with this movie. I'm a pretty big fan of Patrick Wilson's and he's great once again here, but it's Jackson who must take all the plaudits as the racist neighbour. He is so intense and scary  that you cringe at some scenes, you just can't help it. Especially when he's surrounded by Wilson's friends who have no idea how to take him.

The only flaw with this one is that you know exactly how it's going to pan out from the moment go. It is a little predictable but for me it doesn't harm the film that much, it is what it is and I had a good enough time with it.

A decent film that will fail to excite most but if like me there is nothing else on, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment