Saturday 16 July 2011

Just Like Heaven (2005)

**
I'm a pretty big Ruffalo fan and Reese Witherspoon also generally puts a smile on my face, a guilty pleasure I guess. Totally excluding Election from that though as there's nothing to be guilty about there.

I kind of expected a bit more from this one, I gotta be honest. It felt very sickly to watch and quickly lost all of it's early and promising charm. Yes, the two do a decent job as usual but I wasn't feeling the chemisty there, add to that the odd character that Jon Heder plays and it's a bit of a sweet mess. Having said that, I never at any point wanted to turn it off and the moments of charm were quite nice.

Overall it was a big let down but i'm not exactly sure what I what I was expecting. I couldn't honestly see myself recommending this to anyone soon or ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment