Friday 1 July 2011

The Hunchback Hairball of L.A. (1989)

**
After searching the many titles in my movie room I finally landed on this, and couldn't take my eyes elsewhere after. I had to screen it immediately. Vestron baby!

This has so many weird components to it. You have Tom Skerritt on board playing a teacher, you also get Jessica 'Suspiria' Harper too as the psychiatrist, not to mention that the main hunchback's character name is Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga. I mean, come on!
The thing is though this isn't too bad, it's reasonably entertaining and quite charming in parts but I was expecting comedy and I got none of that from it's entire running time, that's the main reason for the low score.

It will never be up for any majot awards or maybe even a DVD release but it's definitely worth tracking down if you can find it.

1 comment:

  1. Only two stars...I loved this film, me and all of the family, I have only recently got whole of a copy, still makes me laugh now. Brilliant. Like your blog I will bookmark it and return to see more comments Thank You.

    ReplyDelete