Tuesday 5 July 2011

Quick Change (1990)

****
"Whatta got? Shit in your ears"

This may not be an addition to the one-night movie list but it's certainly being added to the one-dayers.

I loved this movie. Bill Murray (Grimm) is perfect for the role, here he charms away and revels in his sarcastic best. Geena Davis was also great too, in fact I loved the entire cast, especially the cameos. You even get Stanley Tucci pop up in one great scene as a member of the mob. Genius.
It's a typical 90's movie but I feel ashamed to have missed it all this time, I guess I never realised (as dumb as it sounds) that it was a comedy. I always thought it was a heist movie, a serious one anyway. What an idiot!

This really is an underrated little gem and one which needs to be unearthed by many more people, I rarely hear this film crop up in conversation. There are some great quotes in here too, my favourite being "Please God! We need a cab! One lousy fuckin' cab!" spoken by Randy Quaid.

See this movie! It's light on actual laughs but it has enough heart to charm most.

No comments:

Post a Comment