Sunday 3 July 2011

Trojan War (1997)

****½
I'm obsessed with one-night movies, there's just something about them which appeals to me. A while back I found @bobfreelander's list of his favourite one-night movies and to my shock there were a couple on there that I hadn't seen, this being one of them. So I did what comes naturally, I organised a screening.

This movie had only been on 5 minutes or so and I already knew that it was going to be for me. It has everyting you want; The love interest, the crazy cameos, the mishaps and chance encounters, the soundtrack, the list goes on. I was in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt a long time ago anyway but this just confirms my affection for her, she is hot in this movie, almost hotter than in Can't Hardly Wait. The cameos just kept coming too, you get Anthony Michael Hall as the "No free rides!" bus driver, David Patrick Kelly as a tramp, Danny Trejo as an obvious Mexican (albeit a less than very minor role), Mike Moroff, Lee Majors. I mean the list just goes on and on.

If you love your one-night movies like The Night Before, After Hours, Can't Hardly Wait etc. Then this is the movie for you. It's a fantastic feel-good movie and the rewatch value is very high too. I highly recommend this one.
The only other movie on the list that I haven't seen is The Hollywood Knights. Expect to hear about that screening fairly soon, as soon as I can track a copy down that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment