Friday 22 July 2011

The Karate Kid II (1986)

**
Following right on from the other night's screening of the first, I thought it only fair to screen the sequel.

Within the opening 10 minutes it had become quite clear that I had only ever seen clips of this movie, i'd never actually sat down and watched it all the way through. I was instantly gutted thinking that I had missed out on an absolute classic, sadly this one isn't anywhere near as good as it's predecessor.
This movie is one long drawn out moral about honour, it feels more like a lecture than an enjoyable experience. Of course the odd bits of training are fun and the tension does build but... *SPOILER ALERT* to a rather dull anti-climax. I prefer my martial arts movies to have a showdown finale, something which I have come to expect from the many Seagal and Van Damme movies i've been subjected to over the years. This is all about Miyagi and his past, trying to tag on from the first movie but with limited success.

If you're tagging on to the Karate Kid franchise, at least make a movie about Daniel son and not of the trainer. I'll let you know how I get on with number 3 when I get to it, this has halted that as it was scheduled for next.

No comments:

Post a Comment