Sunday 24 July 2011

The Karate Kid III (1989)

***
It's time to complete my revisit of the trilogy.

After the terrible time I had with the second movie it almost put me off finishing the set, then I remembered that number III did at least have some redeeming qualities. Of which actual fighting was one.
Other than the first movie it's amazing at how little I remember of the other two, especially this. There is a fantastic bad-ass new guy on the scene in Mike Barnes and an even better villain in trainer Terry Silver. Those are the plus points. The low points are Macchio's acting, the obsession with the god damn Bansai trees and the exclusion of the "You're the best, the beeest. Nothing's ever gonna keep you down" theme tune. I hated Macchio in this one, he bounces all over the screen like he's forgotten how to walk.

Much better than the second instalment as there is actual Karate in this one but it's still nowhere near as good as the first, lost it's charm somewhat. Still a decent watch though.

No comments:

Post a Comment