Friday 15 July 2011

Willow (1988)

***
My wife and I decided it would be a good idea to recommend a film to each other that we knew the other one hadn't seen, her selection was Willow. I had already taken a lot of stick for having not seen this movie, it was time to finally correct that.

While this is good it's certainly not great, and I can't help feeling that it was because I hadn't seen it as a child. Growing up with decent movies, like you'll see in the next review, really does help a film that is marketed for that demographic. Val Kilmer is great and so is the ever likeable Warwick Davis, with Joanne Whalley stealing every scene with pure beauty. That woman is a fox!

I'm glad that I finally had the chance to see this movie and it does have a lot of charm to it, I just don't think that I would ever revisit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment