Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Tourist (2010)

**½
Well, i'm blaming my Parents for this one. I avoided this like I avoid many due to it's bad reputation upon release, then my Dad rang and told me that he had just seen it and it really surprised him.
I called the film from the first few minutes. It's too predictable to be enjoyed and it actually started to irritate me near the end.

Paul Bettany was awful in this film and the pairing of Jolie and Depp didn't work for me as well as I thought it would. I'm disappointed in the director more than anyone else though, I mean this is from the same guy that brought us The Lives of Others. A film which I adore more each time I revisit it.

I'm really not sure why i'm giving it such a fair score to be honest as I had major problems with it. For an agency looking to take down someone who stole almost 800m from then, how inconspicuous can your agents get? 20 to a platform when the train pulls up? There weren't but 50 people there all together. Then you have Bettany shouting into his ear piece to Jolie and sending her very obvious glances across the room. It's minor things like that in films which really start to anger me.

If you see one movie set in Venice before you leave this earth, make it Don't Look Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment