Sunday 20 February 2011

The Mechanic (2011)

***
I haven't seen the original to this film so I can't start or end this review by comparing it to the 70's Bronson flick. I will however say that if this is far inferior to it's predecessor, then I know i'm going to love the original.

I'm not a huge fan of Statham or Ben Foster but as a pair I thought they were good. I loved the opening kill with the guy in his swimming pool and Statham's under the water rowing his arms for him.
Like many films that tread the same story you could tell where this one was going but it plays out really well, the action scenes and deaths were all pretty decent too.

I never thought this one was for me but i'd definitely recommend it to most. I am in no way converted to loving the Statham though, not one little bit. Foster maybe, but no Statham. Except Lock Stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment