Monday 7 February 2011

Shallow Grave (1994)

****
The next instalment of #MysteryMovieMonday was one that I hadn't seen since I was about 15. I was beginning to lose patience with the whole Mystery thing as they tend to screen current movies only but I thought this was an interesting choice. Not one person walked out, which is something of a rarity these days.

I liked this film the first time around but I loved it this time. That's the best thing about it, because had it not have been for MMM, I doubt i'd have ever gotten around to screening it ever again. It's one of Danny Boyles's finest films in my opinion. Very tense, great acting and a great plot.
It's nothing original plot-wise as there are tons of films that have tackled the same ground, but I think it stands up a lot better than something like A Simple Plan or Money For Nothing.

I doubt there are many people left who haven't seen this one but if you are one of the unlucky ones, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment