Thursday 24 February 2011

Heavenly Bodies (1984)

***½
"Working out... Reaching high... Dreaming big!"

I was searching for an 80's movie that had the same feel to it as one of my favourites Aerobicide (aka Killer Workout), and I definitely found what I was seaching for with this treat.
This movie has the bad-ass soundtrack, dodgy actors and fun plot which makes the experience worthwhile.

Cynthia Dale is smoking hot as Samantha Blair, the dance-ercise instructor who makes it big on TV. There is so much sexual tension between her and Steve that at times it becomes unbearable. I was sweating for the most part, especially that stare scene. You'll know what I mean when you screen this one.
It's such a shame that it never received the 3D treatment back then, I could almost reach out and touch those pelvic thrusts.

If your feet aren't tapping to the OST, i'm afraid there isn't much hope for you. I need somebody to get me in touch with Brian Foley, the choreography in this film is arse clenchingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment