Monday 14 February 2011

Pretty Woman (1990)

***½
So it's Valentine's Day and time for yet another #mysterymoviemonday screening.
I tweeted my fears shortly before we entered the cinema, believing this to be the perfect chance for the projectionist to select a Garry Marshall type movie and he did not disappoint.
I kept thinking to myself it's going to be Pretty Woman, I just know it. Bizarre!

When the title appeared on screen it brought with it a mass exodus of alpha males, unwilling to sit through what is essentially a chick-flick. My Wife turned to me and told me that it would be alright to leave if 'I' wanted to (cue Wild Women Do by Natalie Cole playing as I turned my head back to the screen). As if i'd walk away!

I wasn't a great fan of the film and everytime it was put forward to rewatch i'd give a look of disapproval, but I was surprised at how little of the film I actually remembered. It's so light hearted that I just gave in and accepted it for what it is.

Alright, but i'll never give in on Grease. That film I just can't stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment