Sunday 13 February 2011

Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation (1986)

***
After the success of last weekends screening of the first film, I couldn't help but screen the sequel. A much better film technically than the first and the songs are much less cheesier.
I was surprised to remember that this one is a prequel. I didn't realise at first but then I noticed that Grumpy Bear was in nappies, a bold move by the director me thinks, and one which pays off.

These really are great films in their own little way and I have a huge affection for them. Give me the Care Bears instead of something like My Soul to Take any day of the week.

The next time I do any sort of jumping, be it parachute, bungee jumping or otherwise, i'll be shouting "We Caaaaare!!!" Plus somebody will be getting the Care Bear stare if they're being mean. If I was a Care Bear i'd be Tender Bear, he's the only one who I can relate to. I mean these bears wouldn't last five minutes in the real world.

Great for nostalgia but also really good fun, check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment