Tuesday 22 February 2011

BMX Bandits (1983)

***½
This amazingly is my first entry into the world of Brian Trenchard-Smith. I have known about the guy for years now through friends on Twitter and through the documentary Not Quite Hollywood, which is amazing by the way. I actually own quite a few of his films on tape but i've just never got around to screening any of them.

I really had a good time with this one. I chose this one first because it appealed to me the most. I mean, kids on BMX's? bad guys chasing them? Come on.
I was kind of won over within the first minute by the killer title and opening score. Then I noticed that David Argue (Whitey) was going to be in it, better known to most as the 'I'd love to smash his annoying fucking face in' Dicko from Razorback. My favourite film of his, and one of the funniest comedies of all time in my opinion, is Hercules Returns.

This is a goofy ride, but if you know what to expect and go along with it, then I think you'll have a great time. I know I did. Reminded me a lot of Round the Twist, anyone remember that classic TV show?

No comments:

Post a Comment