Sunday 20 February 2011

Burke and Hare (2010)

**½
I wasn't expecting great things from this one as it was universally panned, and while I didn't loathe it, I also didn't find much to love about it either.
 
Pegg and Serkis do their very best as the lead roles but the plot just isn't strong enough, there seems to be too many side stories which don't really make much sense. Isla Fisher, for all her beauty might as well have stayed at home, her scenes were pretty pointless. To say I hardly laughed throughout is putting it mildly, to label yourself as a comedy for me there needs to be some good humour, sadly it lacked.
 
It's always great to see one of your all time favourite comedy directors back behind the lens, and I guess it's a step in the right direction. < See what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment