Tuesday 31 May 2011

Youngblood (1986)

****½
Yet another missed movie of the 80's for me to track down and screen, they're appearing more frequently of late.

"You can learn to punch in the barn, but you gotta learn to survive on the ice."

This is a fantastic movie and one which defines everything that I love about the 80's. The score is amazing, almost Tangerine Dream-esque in a lot of ways. The cast is sensational too, Rob Lowe takes the film of course but the inclusion of Swayze was a masterstroke, I just wish they'd have used Keanu a little more.
As an added extra, not only do you get to catch a glimpse of Rob lowe's butt, you also get to see the stunning Cynthia Gibb's rear of the year too, not to be missed.

I'd also like to add that I would very much like to have tea with Miss McGill, that woman is a fox.
There are the occasional ham acted moments too, especially all those involving Racki. it's no wonder that guy never appeared in another film, he was terrible. But like in all great movies, you can forgive and try to forget the ham as what you are witnessing is true 80's gold. I'll admit to having a huge grin on my Chevy throughout, especially when he starts training Rocky style.

This is definitely not one to be missed, an absolute cracker. This might just enter my top 50 movies of the 80's.

"The only thing better than a glass of beer, is tea with Miss McGill!"

No comments:

Post a Comment