Saturday 21 May 2011

The Green Hornet (2011)

***
I missed this one when it was released in the cinema as I do with many that come out to bad reviews. Sometimes films are better when you wait for the heat to calm down and you can just view the DVD. This one wasn't as bad as I expected it to be though, quite surprising.
My only problem with it was the fact that I hardly laughed, and for a film of this kind it really needs to be quite comic-al. < See what I did there?

On a side note, how ugly is Cameron Diaz getting? She states in the film that she's only 36 but the creases on her forehead suggest otherwise. That womans 'looks' are deteriorating at a seriously high speed.
I loved the character of Kato, he was a huge plus point and Seth Rogen does what Seth Rogen does best I guess. The casting of Christopher Waltz was wrong. As great as he is he shouldn't be doing this kind of work, it does not suit him at all.

Overall this is a fun watch but don't go in expecting too many laughs. I'm sad to see a director of such work like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Science of Sleep reduced to these types of crowd pleasing films. I'm sure he'll bounce back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment