Saturday 21 May 2011

Burlesque (2010)

***
Now i'm all up for being surprised by a movie, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would end up 'liking' this one. It's nothing spectacular but it certainly entertains.

Don't get me wrong I was cringing at some of the routines, and add to that the fact that it's cliched to hell. But I had a fun time with it and it starred the great Stanley Tucci who always raises a smile. He's practically his Devil Wears Prada character here and it works yet again. Aguilera is alright in the lead role and Cher does what Cher does best. It's quite long at just under two hours but the time really does pass quite quickly and I was on board too which always helps.

It's the new Coyote Ugly for the 21st century. That's another all singing all dancing sick fest that I seem to keep revisiting every few years. So why was I that surprised by this one? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment