Monday 30 May 2011

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)

****
I hadn't seen this one in quite some time and I can remember not being that impressed by it all. It was showing on TV last night so I thought why not give it another shot.

Although i'm not blown away by the film, it was much better on a second viewing. Fincher is a masterful director and if I ever come across another one of his films that I slightly dislike i'm at least going to give him the courtesy of a rewatch, just to make sure. That means a screening of The Game will be arranged real soon.

The story is fantastic and one that you can really get behind, my only problem is that it's a little bit slow and overlong, but then again considering the story it kind of has to be, I guess.

A really good if not great film for me. There are much better films in Fincher's back catalogue to see first but this one should never be overlooked, it's a spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment