Saturday 14 May 2011

The Dilemma (2011)

***
Well this one hit me by total surprise. I flew out to Turkey last week and this movie was the outbound special. At first I sighed but after realising that reading a book was not an option due to the engine noise, I decided to plug the headphones in and give it a go.

Now, Kevin James has done nothing but dross ever since I found him sort of likeable in Hitch. After that I have avoided almost all of his work, and it seems to have been the right choice. Vince Vaughn has hardly covered himself in glory either with his choices so it didn't start well. But this turned out to be a decent little flick in all.
Maybe it was because I didn't need to invest much time and effort into it due to being stuck on a plane and having no other alternatives but it genuinely entertained me throughout. Yes the story is cliched to hell and pretty pointless from a plot point of view but throw in a wonderful Channing Tatum performance and two half decently amusing leads and it was a winner. Not an Oscar winner by any stretch but pleaser.

Don't expect miracles, in fact, go into it with the lowest of expectations and it just might pay off like it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment