Saturday 21 May 2011

Gulliver's Travels (2010)

*
Wow! I heard bad things when this film was first released so I avoided it like the plague, but then as time went on the comments got better and better. Firstly, this is just about not as bas as Year One, but it's not too far from it. For a film essentially labelled as a light hearted comedy, I never smiled, smirked or even altered my facial expression. I found it boring and very childish, and coming from someone who had earlier screened Care Bears the Movie, you can imagine how awful I found it.

Jack Black was funny when he first burst on to the scene, but i've found him quite tiresome ever since. School of Rock has gained something of a cult status among many but i'm not a lover of that one either, despite my love for Linklater.

The British cast was cringeworthy and how they got Emily Blunt on board astounds me to the point of no return. I hope she'll think twice before rushing into such a rash decision.

This film gains it's one star on the basis that I didn't turn it off. This was largely down to the fact that I love films based around small people. Films like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Toy Story, The Indian in the Cupboard, Small Soldiers, The Borrowers etc. Other than that, AVOID!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment