Sunday 22 May 2011

The Next Three Days (2011)

***
I'd heard mixed things about this one so I went into it with pretty mild expectations. What I didn't count on though, was the running time. If I had realised that this one was on for over 2 hours I might have changed my mind and watched something else.

It's a real slow burner, that's for sure. I can't say that I wasn't gripped to a certain extent though, i'll give it that. I was genuinely interested in the finale and how it was all going to pan out. Crowe is pretty great in it but I just can't take Elizabeth Banks serious enough in this sort of role. Maybe it's because i'm just so used to seeing her play the comedic role that I can't quite make the transition.

It is a genuinely interesting plot, even if the actual crime is a bit lame and half assed. It would appear that director was more interested in the latter stages of the film because it feels a bit weak and rushed (at 2 hours long) too.

Overall not a bad little thriller if unspectacular at times. I can't see me ever revisiting it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment