Sunday 30 January 2011

Joysticks (1983)

**
Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this kind of movie, or maybe it's because I never watched it back in the early 80's but I couldn't get into it at all.

This film is absolute garbage and looks like it was made in about a week to try and capitalise on the success of the other more successful teen sex comedies of the early 80's, Screwballs, Porky's, The Last American Virgin and alike. In fact, I blame the Lemon Popsicle franchise for all this. Having said that, this is a teen sex comedy. What was I expecting to find?

I fully understand that the makers of the film knew it was going to be a piece of trash and that was the intention from the outset, but it did not do a thing for me. I love bad cinema and some of my favourite rewatchable films are crap like Street Trash, Aerobicide, The Pit, The Demons of Ludlow etc. so trust me, I know how to enjoy bad, bad films with a huge smile on my face.

I'm going to give this film a fair crack again in the future and not watch it when i'm expecting a laugh out loud comedy. I'll make sure to screen it with friends with lots of alcohol flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment