Friday 7 January 2011

Megamind (2010)

***
After loving Despicable Me so much, I finally decided to give Megamind a shot. While it's no The Incredibles or Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, it's certainly a decent film with a few silly laughs and fun plot.

I'm still not a huge fan of the actual Megamind character and animation, but Will Ferrell brings a lot of humour and charm to the film. I also had a slight problem with Brad Pitt's Metro Man voice. I loved the character, I mean he's practically Mr. Incredible but without the heart and soul. The lines seemed to be uttered half arsed like and I felt like he didn't really put his all into it. Craig T. Nelson on the other hand was brilliant in The Incredibles. Having said that, Metro Man wasn't a central figure in the film so I can forgive it, I guess. I also loved David (Tobias Funke) Cross's Minion character, a really funny addition to the plot.

All in all it's not a bad film. If it came on the TV on a saturday or Sunday morning i'd happily sit through it again but i'd much rather watch one of the other similar and earlier films mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment