Tuesday 25 January 2011

The King's Speech (2010)

****½
For some strange reason I kept avoiding this film, it just didn't appeal to me at all. Let me correct that statement though by saying that I absolutely adored it.

It's a wonderful story and character study and one that it is expertly told by Tom Hooper and the brilliant cast. When I watch the Oscars and see Colin Firth walk away with the best actor gong, at least I can now look upon that decision with great appreciation. He was magnificent as King George VI and so to was Geoffrey Rush who played his speech therapist. In fact i'd be hard pushed to find a single blemish on anyone's performance in this film, it's almost flawless.

Coming from a film snob who hates period dramas and alike, I was blown away by this film and recommend it to everyone and anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment