Monday 17 January 2011

Memento (2000)

****
"My wife deserves revenge, whether I know about it or not."

The second #mysterymoviemonday of the year was Memento. This was only the second time that I have ever seen the film, and my first time on the big screen. My first viewing was on DVD way back in about 2001/2002.

I enjoyed it back then and I still enjoyed it this time around. I'm quite glad that it was shown really because it's one of those films that although I like alot, I could never see myself revisiting it at any stage. I mean i've gone 10 years already.
The cast is perfect and the perfomances are spot on, I can't fault the film one bit. It's up there with Mulholland Drive for me, a very similar film in style and plot. Although at least Nolan lets us know what the hell is going on in the end.

I like the film so much that I even have my very own memento;



"You know, I've had more rewarding friendships than this one. Although I do get to keep telling the same jokes."

No comments:

Post a Comment