Saturday 8 January 2011

Kick-Ass (2010)

****
Last year was a fantastic year for movies and this was one of my favourites. The revisitablity factor on this film is untrue, I could sit down and watch this at any given time. Right up there with the likes of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, loved it.

Matthew Vaughn is a director that really excites me. While work on X-Men: First Class and Kick-Ass 2 finishes, we shouldn't forget his previous efforts. I absolutely adored Layer Cake, and Stardust is too damn sweet to dislike, that film holds a special place in my heart.

The concept of the film really appealed to me with it's comic book theme and each character was cast to perfection. Aaron Johnson is brilliant as the title character, Chloe Moretz is of course the highlight as the foul mouthed but hard as nails Hit-Girl, and Nic Cage is also great as the quirky parent fo the year Big Daddy.

I came out of the pictures screaming the priases of this film and my opinion has not changed one bit. There have been other efforts since like Defendor and alike, but this one is the real deal. I also think it could make for a fantastic double bill with Mystery Men.

"Okay you cunts... Let's see what you can do now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment