Monday 13 June 2011

Private School (1983)

**½
Another one to tick off my #missedmoviesofthe80s list.

I am totally obsessed with Phoebe Cates, ever since I first saw Gremlins and Fast Times, she is a fox! After a few conversations with friends they all said that if I was in love with the Cates then this is the movie for me.

Unfortunately we don't get to see much flesh from the Cates but this is more than compensated for by the vivacious looking Betsy Russell who whips them out at every opportunity. The highlight scene for me is the breasts on horseback. Wow! That scene totally blew me away, I was not expecting what unfolded, or undressed, should I say.

This isn't one of the best examples of it's genre, not by a long shot. In fact, I felt quite let down by the whole film. With all of it's stars and considering it's setting (a school campus) it's nothing when compared to films like Making the Grade and Class or even Porky's. Matthew Modine and Phoebe Cates are the only two real highlights, add to that the impressive rack of Betsy Russell and that's your lot. The soundtrack is all over the place too.

Decent effort but by no means highly memorable. There are far better examples to be found elsewhere, worth a watch if like me you are making your way through all of the teen movies of the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment