Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cropsey (2009)

****
I knew aboslutely nothing about this documentary beforehand, I hadn't even seen the trailer. I was simply going by what I had heard others say about it and plus the fact that I am a sucker for a great story.

This is a chilling tale and document of events about a child killer on Staten Island. I don't wish to spoil anything and i'm pretty sure that i'm not by saying that it's one that you have to make your own mind up about. There is talk here of satanic cults, one guy (Rand) who took the children and killed them, a few people including Rand who all worked together, a bunch of people who killed them and then framed Rand, I mean there aren't too many cold hard facts here, that's for sure. Whenever facts aren't present, i've always believed to make no judgment because there is always a suspicion of doubt cast. Unfortunately in the case of Andre Rand, the fact that he doesn't wish to communicate to anyone and defend himself leaves me a little on the side of guilty, but then he is mentally ill so therefore that's the doubt again creeping in.

You could get lost talking for hours about this tale, it really is that fascinating, and unfortunately so. It's well made and doesn't lean towards one side which is always refreshing. Seek it out and make up your own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment