Wednesday 22 June 2011

Paul (2011)

***½
I'm a huge fan of Mottola, I loved both Superbad and Adventureland, so I when I heard he was making a film with Pegg and Frost, my eyes were opened.

Sadly, it came out over here like a wet fart. Harshly received by the critics and disappears without much of a trace of mention since. I missed the cinema screening through one thing and another but I couldn't wait to check it out on DVD.
I really enjoyed this one. The movie references (something I love) are thick and fast and a special nod in the direction of Mac and Me went down lovely. Shame he had to dress up in a Cowboy outfit instead of a Bear.

It doesn't stick to the usual conventions of extra terrestrial movies, instead making light of them almost spoof like in parts. I really had a fun time with it and that is it's sole purpose, so for that I give it 3 and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment