Sunday 12 June 2011

How Do You Know (2010)

***
After the train wreck that was Morning Glory from earlier on, this film was a pleasant surprise.

I can pretty much give Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon a go in anything, Owen Wilson is a bit different, I can take or leave him, mostly leave depending on the mood. I don't know what I was expecting from this one but I know I probably wasn't supposed to end up liking it. James L.Brooks has made some duds of late too.

I really liked the chemistry between Witherspoon and Rudd, and Wilson was quite likeable too as the unstable and over protective obsessive boyfriend. One major downfall for this one though is the runtime, it could have been sliced by a good half hour at the very least, there was no need for it to run for two hours.

Overall it was a good feel-good movie and great for a light-hearted Sunday night viewing. It's certainly made me feel a bit better, I was starting to feel the hate in chick flicks coming back again.
How can Empire magazine give this film 2 stars and Morning Glory 4? It is beyond belief, I may take back my subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment