Sunday 6 March 2011

Tron: Legacy (2010)

****
I gave this one a miss on the big screen due to the negative feedback, something i'm not very proud of but seeing as though I was never a huge fan of the first film, I thought it seemed fair.

This one totally took me by surprise though, I had a really great time. I loved the story, the old FLYNN'S arcade, but most all the Daft Punk soundtrack/score. They are the perfect group for such a film and without them it wouldn't have hit me as hard as it did. There music in this made me instantly want to screen Blade Runner and Escape From New York, very Carpenter-esque.
On the subject of Carpenter, the young looking Jeff Bridges as CGI Clu looked exactly like Bridges in Starman, albeit a cartoon version.

If you had or still have any doubts about this film please put them aside because it's just a fun, fun ride. I loved the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment