Monday 14 March 2011

Taken (2008)

****
I first saw this film when it hit DVD back in 2009 and absolutely fell in love with it. I stll to this day find it hard to believe how it was universally panned by the critics. Don't get me wrong, I can't take the daughter seriously as this sweet and innocent young girl. It didn't help when the director slaps a glitter studded denim jacket on her which seemed fitted for a 12 year old. Apart from that and the occasional ham acted moment dotted in, this film is high on action and exciting beyond belief.

It's funny because I saw this film once on DVD, and the other 9 or 10 times have been when it has been shown on SKY or normal TV. It's just one of those films that whenever it's on, you cannot take your eyes away from the screen, but instead immediately go and grab a drink and settle in for the night. This time was no different, I was away on holiday the last week and this came on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment