Thursday 3 March 2011

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

***
One of my most anticipated movies from last year, Rare Exports has been on my mind for quite some time now. Unfortunately I completely missed the cinema release in December, meaning I have now had to wait until the DVD release, something i'm not very proud of.
The film centres around a small Finnish village at Christmas time. A group of workers are digging at the top of a mountain when they make a huge discovery a few hundred feet below the surface. Then the children of the town start to disappear and a boy and his father are left to protect their own find. With the help of a few other friends they decide to sell their prized asset back to the corporation that funded the original dig.
I loved the little boy in the film, he was like a miniature John McClane. The friends who help are also brilliant in the film, as to is the main captured 'Santa' character, very dark and creepy.
It's a good film, it just didn't live up to my high expectations. I guess it's my fault really for putting so much anticipation into it. It's not one i'll be revisiting every Christmas but i'll definitely be coming back to it at some point in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment