Thursday 24 March 2011

The Parole Officer (2001)

**
Hmm... I wasn't exactly expecting great things from this one, and it delivered just that. While not absolutely terrible, it's still not hardly the best example of British humour. In fact it's yet another film to prove why i'm not a major fan or British comedies or even British based films like East Is East, Lucky Break, The Full Monty, Notting Hill and alike. I like mine to be in the mould of the greats like Withnail and I, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz or even a little bit of Brassed Off.

Steve Coogan is funny enough and i'll always have a soft spot for him but as for the likes of Ben Miller and Om Puri, I couldn't care less. The plot is awful but understandable considering the target market, the jokes are few and far between if at all ever present and it's just a very average watch.

I wish I could say more for a film with a VHS tape on it's cover but I honestly can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment