Thursday 3 March 2011

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

***½
I was desperate to see this one on the big screen but I just never found the time. Plus my wife refused to go and see it anyway, or even this DVD for that matter. Things like this play on her mind.
This one really surprised me. I was expecting a giant turd and for it to fail on every level possible but it just never did. Maybe I lowered my expectations so low just in case it was terrible that it turned out to be highly enjoyable and pretty scary. I found it to be tense and creepy in parts. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly the same tone as the original with the 60-70 minutes being build up, but if you can buy into that and remain patient then I genuine think you will like this one.
This is a pretty great sequel that matches and somewhat even surpasses the original film with more scares and creepier set-ups. Do not keep avoiding this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment