Tuesday 29 March 2011

Tamara Drewe (2010)

***
This came out over here last year and to some great reviews too, but that still wasn't enough to drag me to the cinema. It just looked like your average run-of-the-mill romantic comedy, something like Bridget Jones's Diary. And while it is basically that sort of film, it held my attention a little more and I ended up quite liking it.

It's funny in parts and also quite charing but it features some of the most annoying characters set to film. Gemma Arterton plays Tamara Drewe and she is so annoying it's untrue, I wanted to jump into the screen and punch her myself. Having said that, it's charm far outweighs it's annoying characters and turned out to be a very pleasant experience. Nothing earth shattering, but decent fodder.

No comments:

Post a Comment