Wednesday 27 April 2011

Remote Control (1988)

****
I was lucky enough to pick this tape up earlier today for 30p from a local charity store. It wasn't until a few hours later that I looked the plot up on imdb and that was that, I was sold.
Kevin Dillon works in an 80's video store and must destroy all of the tapes of a movie called Remote Control to save the earth. Fantastic!

I love how the movie is set in the store, there were so many great 80's titles that I know, love, have and remember from back then. The plot is typical of that period, when films like Terror Vision and Night of the Comet were coming out, this just seems like a perfect blend of the two. With Grampa (aka Bert Remsen) from Terror Vision even making a brief appearance in this one.
I was a little bit annoyed when they killed off Jennifer Tilly within the first 20 minutes or so, obviously this is from a selfish view but still, it's Jennifer fucking Tilly, man!

I loved Kevin Dillon in this, almost as much as I love him in The Blob. The rest of the cast are great too, in a cheesy 80's kind of way of course.

Am amazing find and i'll thank the tapegods every day for coming across this one on the floor in my local charity store. Seek it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment