Monday 4 April 2011

The Social Network (2010)

*****
Behing Scott Pilgrim from last year, The Social Network was my other favourite movie of 2010. I saw it a week earlier than most as it was part of a Mystery Movie Monday screening but I can still remember how buzzed I was when I walked out of the cinema.

This was my first revisit of many but it still left the same impression on me, David Fincher is a genius and this film can go down alongside Zodiac as a modern day masterpiece. This may one day rise to my all time top 10 list but for now it will just have to be happy receiving a 5 star rating.
I doubt there is a movie fan left on earth who hasn't seen this movie at least once, but if you're one of those people, amend that great mistake now. This film will blow you away in both performances and script.
Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and even Justin Timberlake are fantastic in the central performances and the score is amazing too. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment