Friday 1 April 2011

Sideways (2004)

*****
Not as rewatchable as something like Swingers but certainly one of my all-time favourites. Paul Giamatti excels as the down and out manic depressive while Haden Church completely steals the show with this carefree ways and wily charms.
It's almost a year to the day that I visited theSanta Barbara wineries and this film brings back so many memories. I even ate in the same restaurant and drank in the same wine testing huts as the pair.
This is expertly written and wonderfully acted throughout that I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone could dislike it, it's like poetry in motion. Seek it out if you happen to be among the very select few that have missed it. Wonderful film!

I've seen this film quite a few times now and it's funny because like a fine wine, this film really does get better with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment