Friday 22 April 2011

The Rocketeer (1991)

*****
Wow! I completely missed this film upon release, mind you I was only 6 years old.
I never wanted to catch up with it on DVD or Blu (if there was one) so I decided to wait until I found the VHS tape. Luckily last week I stumbled upon a copy from one of my hauls. It had to be screened right away. It was one I always used to see sitting on the shel in my local video store.

Just like in Hot Fuzz Timothy Dalton has a monstrous sidekick built like a russian shotputter and with a face only a Mother could love, both are excellent characters. Jennifer Connelly is stunning as per usual and the leade actor Bill Campbell is wonderfully likeable, as is the ever likeable Alan Arkin.
I love films set in the 1930's, it always looks like such a beautiful place and Joe Johnston capures it perfectly. It almost feels like an Indiana Jones movie.

Watch this one immediately if you haven't done so already, it's amazing! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment