Tuesday 9 August 2011

Christine (1983)

****
One of the very few Carpenter movies that passed me by, this and Dark Star were the only two that I missed. You couldn't touch him in the late 70's to early 80's, the guy was on fire.

This movie is fantastic. Following on from the likes of Duel and The Car, Carpenter has made his very own killer car movie but with a twist, there is a face to the car. It's menacing in it's prey and relentless too, I love the fact that as it's speechless it uses the radio by way of warning, playing a tune with you in mind. It's genius!

I also loved the score too, besides the Dreamboats and Petticoats tunes that play throughout, you also get a slice of Carpenter's personal synth touch and it works wonders for the scenes.

It's an amazing piece of work and one which I benefited from holding on to. It's just got me craving for Dark Star now.

No comments:

Post a Comment